Praire Love Midwifery
Why choose Homebirth
Choosing to have a homebirth is a very personal choice. Some choose to have their babies at home because that’s where one of the parents were born, and that is the most normal place in the world for them to think of delivering their own child. Some choose homebirth after having a hospital birth that they were not happy about and want a different experience the next time. Some find that homebirth is the choice for them after they have been reading, researching and watching birth videos.
Parents choose homebirth for lots of the following reasons:
- They want to make informed choices about their care.
- The want to have a relationship established with the person that will be attending them during their labor and birth as well as postpartum.
- They don’t want strangers coming into the room unannounced, they want to choose who will be in their space, when they are the most vulnerable.
- They want to minimize interventions that occur during their labor and be fully informed so they can make the best choices for themselves.
- They feel safe at home.
- The baby will not have interventions or procedures after the birth that are unwanted, the baby never leaves their side!
- Siblings can be a part of the birth if the family desires that.
- They have the freedom to eat, drink, move and birth in any position that works for them.
- They never have to leave the house, and the midwife comes to them.